Field Study #3

 Date - October 13, 2024

Time - 5:15 pm - 5:35 pm

Climate Conditions - The weather conditions were pretty cool, windy, rainy, cloudy, and wet.

Temperature - 56°

Length of Day - 11 hours 8 minutes

Organisms Noticed - Today I didn't notice a ton of animals. I did notice a squirrel walking through the woods near the pond, and heard two different birds in some trees behind me, and some tree frogs also in the trees behind me. I also kept noticing lots of plant life, between the trees, brush, and the pond!

Changes Noticed Since Last Visit - Today I really started to notice the trees changing color and lots of leaves on the ground. I also noticed that the water levels seemed to be higher today, but that was probably because I went out right after it was pouring rain. (I was interested in going out during the rain to see the differences that the rain made) - I did seem to notice that less animals were out, if this was due to the rain or because of the cold.

Question - I have noticed some algae in the pond - is this a similar situation to the school pond? Where does the water that is in the pond come from?


Picture from the same location -







Ponds pictures -












Woods picture -











Sound Map -





Comments

  1. Great job! Do you mean where does the water in school's pond come from or where does yours come from? Is your algae increasing/decreasing. Phosphorus can be influencing it for sure...bonus if you look into fall turnover and determine if it is influencing your pond. Post your thoughts and link your source(s) with your next visit post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Field Study Visit #1